Tytan and Ridge both have both been blessed with a lazy eye. Tytan's left eye turns out a little when he is looking far away and Ridge's left eye turns in a little when he is looking up close. Very few people have ever noticed it but it is just bad enough where the eye doctor makes us patch the good eye once a day. Tytan has to have the patch on for 2 hours a day and Ridge just for half hour. Tytan absolutely despises the patch so every day I have to come up with a new creative pirate game. We have to pretend we are pirates and of course you can't be a pirate without a pirate patch. I don't know how much longer my little pirate shenanigan is going to last but I cross my fingers every day that today won't be the last. The eye doctor keeps saying that at some point Tytan will need surgery to correct his left eye but for now they just want to make sure his vision is strong in his bad eye. Ridge on the other hand won't ever need surgery. I almost never notice his lazy eye and I actually thought it was gone until the trip to the eye doctor said other wise. Every time I see both boys patched up & ready to play pirates I just have to laugh. Man I love these crazy pirates.
*Don't mind the white goo all over Tytan's P.J.s. I had just gotten him dressed when he decided to put lotion on himself/Jammies.
*These pics were taken a couple months ago....No I do not still but Ridge in fuzzy footsie Jammies in 100 degree weather.
you crack me up. Thats an awesome game. Maybe they need dress up clothes too. Nothing big just let them rip up some clothes or something. I would say how about swords but they're boys. LOL
Just tell them the truth...it's stupid eye! hahahaha! I guess that its a good thing pirates are cool for them. Nobody thought it was cute when I was 10!!!!! I luv you guys!
what a cute and creative Mom you are! I love the pirate game for your boys! I remember when Lexi used to have to wear a patch on her eye, she'd come over to our house so early in the morning to go to school with you, and she always hated her patch.
8 comments:
What a cute way to make them wear their patches!!
you crack me up. Thats an awesome game. Maybe they need dress up clothes too. Nothing big just let them rip up some clothes or something. I would say how about swords but they're boys. LOL
Just tell them the truth...it's stupid eye! hahahaha! I guess that its a good thing pirates are cool for them. Nobody thought it was cute when I was 10!!!!! I luv you guys!
Way to be creative. By sister's boy has to wear one too and she just bribes him I think, but he's 8 so that works pretty good.
You are such a great, creative mom! Makes patch time...fun time! Thanks for keeping us updated!
I love that you called them pirates! That is so funny! They are very cute pirates, that's for sure!
CONGRATS on GRADUATING PETER!!!
what a cute and creative Mom you are! I love the pirate game for your boys! I remember when Lexi used to have to wear a patch on her eye, she'd come over to our house so early in the morning to go to school with you, and she always hated her patch.
Post a Comment