The last couple of months Peter and I have noticed Tytan's left eye wanders a little when he is trying to look at something far away. So I figured he might need glasses or something. I know that's the last thing my little guy needs but I figured if he needs them I guess I have no other choice. So I made an appointment with the eye doctor and a few days ago we went to see what he had to say. Tytan did awesome with all of the tests the doctor did. The entire time the Dr. is talking into his little tape recorder and I understand a few words here and there but for the most part he was speaking all medical lingo. Out of the few words I did understand I caught the word ABNORMAL. I really didn't think too much of it because I knew he had something up with his eye. After all the tests were done the Dr. looks at me and without really any explaining or anything he jumps right to the point and says...."I need to see him in 6 weeks for a pre-op then we'll schedule surgery for a couple weeks after that! All I wanted to say was WHAT?? DID I CATCH THE WORD SURGERY? ARE YOU KIDDIN' ME? NOT AGAIN!! Apparently he has a bad case of
lazy eye. I know some kids just have to wear a patch to fix the problem but not my kid. He only gets his crazy eye when he is looking far away so he doesn't get the option of a patch. This will be his fourth time under anesthesia in the past 8 months. Seriously this little boy is going to be one tuff cookie when he gets older because he has had to go through more then most ever will. At least this surgery will be very minor compared to his other two. I'm not too worried and I know everything will be fine but man I can't help but wish he didn't have to be in pain again. One a happier note my other little tyke is a fatty!! I didn't think I'd be so happy to have a baby that is a blimp.
The other day I walked into his room to find him out cold with his fat little legs stuck in the slats of his crib. I guess its time to put up the bumper. This last pic. is one of my favorites just because my boys are kinda starting to play together. Tyte would put the ball in the holes of the dinosaur and the lights would light up and Ridge would smile so big. Tyte thought it was so Awesome. Man I love those boys!!
30 comments:
Poor Tytan, man that kid has been through a lot! I don't know how you do it Megg, you're an amazing Mom, having to help him and watch him go through all this! I'm glad that Ridge is a fatty too, I love the babies fat and healthy! Don't you just love the Bumbo chair! We have one, but its a different brand, a Prince Lionheart. JC sits in it several times a day, I take it with me everywhere too. At least I used to before she started crawling, now I can only get her to sit in it when she is eating. What's your email address so I can write you?
Your kids are so cute- and Ridge has some nice rolls. :) Tytan really is going to be as tough as they come since he's had to go through all of this- and you are such a great mom to deal with all of it so well. We'll pray that all goes well. Also- love the new colors and fonts on the blog!!
Cute pictures!! I can't believe how big Ridge already is!! Good luck with the eye surgery, let me know the dates and I will let Tranell know!! How did that dinner turn out you made with the catalina dressing?!
Of course it would require surgery why would anything be easy right?! Good luck. Poor little guy
That's a lot to go through for all of you. What a tough guy and a good sport. Your in our prayers
Sheesh! Poor little Tytan. He seems like such a good sport, though. I LOVE the new blog look & pictures. You have such a handsome family! YAY for chubby babies! :o)
Good grief! Poor Tytan! We will keep your family in our thoughts & prayers! Keep us posted after the surgery!
Lots of love!
Poor little Tytan! He really is going to have some stories to tell when he gets older. He is definitly going to be a tuff one! If you need anything let me know!
That stinks for Tytan! Hopefully after this everything will magically disappear...here is hoping right :) I love the chubs can I just say! Tytan and Ridge are going to be such good friends how fun!!!
Oh my gosh, not another thing! that poor kid and his poor mother. You have been troopers through everything. The last pic is sooo cute. We miss you guys!
I had a horrendous lazy eye as a child. I did have to have 3 surgeries to correct it (1st at 18 mos, 2nd at 6 yrs and the 3rd at 7yrs). But, I do have to say that out of all of the procedures that I have had (which suffice it to say is enough for one lifetime) eye surgery by far is one of the easier ones. So, although it sucks it ain't that bad..well, for him anyways as I a Mom I am sure its no fun :-( and if you have any questions I know a GREAT eye doctor
When are your guys planning on moving back over to the East Side? It would be so much fun to take that class together!
I got the paper from Two peas. It's really easy to do. I will send you a copy of my format and then you can change it around how you want.
Good luck! Hopefully this will be the last of the surgeries for a while!
Hey Girly, your boys are so handsome, I love the family pictures below such a good lookin family. Tytan is going to be a tough one for sure. Poor thing, but he'll do great. I have a friend in my ward whos first son had three major heart surgery's before the time he was three and now he's six and you would never know. Except he likes to show everyone he's scar on his chest. How much longer does Peter have in school?
Cute BAckground!!
Your boys are stinkin cute. Another surgery... Good luck Tytan! I know lots of kids that have had to have the surgery for lazy eye. They have all turned out just fine. Ridge is getting so big, Kaden was a fat baby too. His legs couldnt fit in the bumbo when he was 3.5 mo. ya gott a love it.
Your boys are stinkin cute. Another surgery... Good luck Tytan! I know lots of kids that have had to have the surgery for lazy eye. They have all turned out just fine. Ridge is getting so big, Kaden was a fat baby too. His legs couldnt fit in the bumbo when he was 3.5 mo. ya gott a love it.
I'm so happy that you found me! You're boys are such handomse little guys! We should totally get together and hang out. How old are your kids? I just have the one and Ellah turned 2 a few months ago. I added you to my contacts list so I will check your blog often!
This is annoying, but next time you comment on Maren and Diego's blog tell them I wanted invited on too! lol...
Meggs, that is crazy about Tytan. I hope everything works out. I love you blog background it's cute.
UM..... it is 9:20 p.m. and I am still waiting.......
Megan!! How fun to hear from you and see your blog! I love this stuff, I can't believe the people I've been able to reconnect with this way! Your family is adorable. And you look as good as you did in high school! No fair! Keep in touch!
Oh my goodness! Poor kid! Jaces Bro has 2 of his kids that had the eye patch, and one with surgery. I didn't know what it was so common! Hopefully. . . he is. . . a good Doctor. And you don't have to go though the run around again!
LOVE IT!!!
Hey Love how it turned out but cant figure out why your picture is blurry. That has never happened to me. Do you want me to send one w/out the pic??
They really are the cutest boys! I love the picture of Ridge's fat legs stuck in the crib slats. And poor Tytan! He is such a trooper . . . and you are too!! Your description of the doctor's visit was cracking me up! I'm missing you tons!
Hi peter!! I found your site through liz's and wanted to say hi! I haven't seen you since Warren's wedding and it was fun looking at all your fun pictures. Your oldest looks just like you. He's so cute. I hope everything is ok with your little boy. Talk to you later! Nikki Baker (Glauser)
Poor little guy, that is too bad. I can't imagine Ellah having to have eye surgrey but at least it will help him see better! Your little Tyke is so cute, I love the picture with his feet sticking out of hte crib that is too cute
Hi Meggan! It's so nice to see you on Blogger! Your family is adorable! Congrats on the new addition! ...I'm sure you've heard lots of advice and experience from others, but i'd like to say that my little brother had the same experience with his eye as Tytan . He was around 3 when my parents noticed his eye... I think it was his left eye too! He had to undergo surgery as well and wear glasses thereafter. He still wears glasses, but his eye for farsightedness, but his eye is normal now. Good luck, and I'll be thinkin' about him!
Post a Comment