Friday, October 12, 2007

Room for Baby

I've been a little anxious to get started on the new baby's room. Little by little Pete and I are converting the office into our little boy's bedroom. We moved the desk and computer into our bedroom and got rid of tons of other random junk that we had stored in there. As soon as the room was empty I was so excited to get started on painting it. I love love love painting a room. It just feels so clean when its done. So I decided this room was going to be light blue, dark blue, and red. After drawing out a few ideas I finally decided on this setup of the three colors. I really like the final look. Pete really likes it too he just laughs and says it looks like the top of a tube sock. I'll have to post more pics. when the whole room is complete (curtains, pictures, furniture...) Now the wait is on for our still nameless little boy. Three months and counting!

16 comments:

The Blakes said...

You are amazing. That paint job looks professional. Can I hire you to help me with my next painting project?

Can't wait to hear the name you decide on!

Rhiannon said...

I love the colors. They are so cute. I will agree with Pete that they do look like the top of a tube sock but I think that is what makes it so cool. :)

dm said...

Meggan that turned out so good!! I was thinking vertical lines when you were describing it, but I like the horizontal better!!!! It looks really good

Kami said...

I'm very impressed that the stripes look so good. I guess when whoever bought our place, they didn't mind the crooked paint lines on the top of the kitchen and living room. I like the colors
and it looks good.
Kami

Malinda said...

That looks so good!!

Jenna said...

Meggs it looks perfect. Paint is one thing that I have never mastered. It really is so cute!! Can't wait to see you on Monday!!! Tell Destry Hi!!!!!

chris+amber said...

You're PRO! I love it!! GOOD JOB! I can't believe you had enough energy to paint. When I'm prego, I have ZERO energy for the entire 9 months, plus maybe the next 6 months after the baby is born. Ha ha...you go girl!

The Wilkins' said...

Dang girl! Perfect! Can't wait to see the finishing touches!

the cummard family said...

LOVE IT! It looks so good Megan! I love those colors! I too love to paint...tape off, the whole thing. I'm anxious to know what names you're debating between ;)

Christie said...

So cute! You have quite the eye Meggan.

Suzy Cummard said...

That looks really cute...

TUBE SOCKS, HUH????

That cracks me up.

Good job.

I hope you are feeling good!

Wing and Alli said...

Look at you and your homemaking skills :) I think it's absolutely adorable!

Melis said...

You have some skills, Meggan! This is too cute! I love it!

Julie & Scott said...

Hey!! How have you been? What day are you due? I added you to my blog! Your little boy is so cute!! He is so big! Nixon is tiny with a giant head! I am putting together all my addresses and i wanted to know if you still live on 44th or if you moved? let me know and send me the new one if you did.

Shiloh McKinnon said...

Hey- email me (shiloh_mckinnon@yahoo.com) and let me know your email address and I will add you to my invite list!

Ginger John said...

Wow it looks great! Your new little guy is sure to love it :) You do such a great job painting!