Friday, May 20, 2011

Surgeries

Yes the title of this post is surgeries...plural. But no not both of those surgeries were for Tytan. Thank goodness. He needed one break from a surgery right? First I had toe surgery in February then Tytan had his lazy eye surgery in April. We took turns helping the wounded. Tytan getting ready for surgery hanging out in the pre-surgery room.Playing games together and praying the wait isn't too long.One more close up of his eyes right before surgery.Close up of eyes about 36 hours after surgery. Even though only one of his eyes wandered they do surgery on both eyes so they can strengthen them both equally. How happy does he look here? He couldn't open his eyes for the first 24ish hours. They put these drops in his eyes they kinda glued his eyes closed for the first little while. He did not love that part of it. It has been about 8 weeks since his surgery and his eyes are still a little red. He has 2 straight eyes and no problems so far.I love the bruise above his eye. I can't even remember how that bruise got there.
**CAUTION THE PICTURES BELOW MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME VIEWERS. Ok onto surgery #2. I had broken several of my toes when I was younger and never had them fixed. As I have gotten older they began to look super "precious" and caused pain where the bones started to rub together. (I know too much info.) Any who I went to see the foot doctor and he said surgery right away. So 1 week after seeing the doc. I was in for surgery. Truthfully it really wasn't painful at all, just annoying...I had to wear a boot for 8 weeks. I was not allowed to remove it for anything. Sleep..with the boot. Baths only... no showers. The bath was the kind with the foot dangling over the side. The first day I could shower and wash my hair standing up was the greatest day ever... These pictures were both taken in the doctors office 1 week after surgery. I don't know how many stitches I had but it sure looked like a lot. It has been 3 months since surgery and my toes are still a little swollen but look waaay better and no more pain.
To straighten my toes they took out a nuckle out of my 2nd & third toes. Then on toes 4 & 5 they put rods in them.

5 comments:

Tiffany Matthews said...

Holy cow that is crazy. Glad to hear that everything and everyone is on the mend. Who was your foot Dr?

Sandi and Curtis said...

Glad you both have survived and doing fabulously well! Modern medicine is a blessing from Heaven!

Machelle said...

Oh my...I hope you both are doing well. I have to say the pictures made me hurt all over. lol

Heidi and Jace said...

Let's see the "after" pictures. Does it feel better?

Amber said...

Ouch, I hope you guys feel better that does not look fun!!!