Saturday, June 26, 2010

Paisley's Blessing

At the beginning of May Paisley was blessed. Peter gave her a beautiful heart felt blessing. My mom has a tradition where she makes a blessing dress for each of her grand daughters. I was so excited when I first saw her dress and was very anxious to put her in it. A few days before her blessing day she had baby soft skin (see pic. above) but of course on her special day she broke out in terrible baby acne/eczema. Her face got so bad I even had a lady walk up to me at the park a few days later and asked me" O my gosh!! What happened to your baby?" Ya it got that bad. Any way in all of her blessing pictures she has terrible horrible skin. It was all over her face, arms, stomach, and back. My poor baby will always have evidence of her beautiful dress and her "special" skin on her blessing day. We were terrible and didn't get 1 picture of our entire family.
Her Perfect dress. Thank you Mom!A close up of her skin. She even had acne on her eye lid so she couldn't open her right eye all the way. Sad to say this was a "good day" for her skin. It just went down hill from there. Another picture of her dress.
A couple weeks after her blessing day her skin cleared up. She now has baby soft skin again.
(We just got back from camping so I will try to post pics. of our weekend soon.)

7 comments:

Sandi and Curtis said...

What a beautiful tradition and dress! Even though her skin had a problem...she was still extremely beautiful that day!!!

Nick and Serina said...

She's beautiful!! the dress it coool. That's awesome to have it made for her! I hope all is going well with you and the family.

The Wilkins' said...

She's beautiful anyway! Blessing day is always "perfect" timing for that newborn breakout! With my girls I just took more pictures in their blessing dress once their skin cleared up. No one will know :)

Amy said...

I can't wait to see her in just a few days!! Put her in the snuggliest outfit you have before you bring her over because I plan on holding her as long as she will let me. Does she hate strangers, yet?

Machelle said...

What a little doll baby. She is precious. I bet you are having lots of fun. Miss you guys.

Jenna said...

She looks so much bigger meggs! She still looks like Pete! Aren't girls so fun!

Tonya said...

she is beautiful! and the boys are getting soooo big. Oh we just had a baby girl too in May. your family is so beautiful.