Wednesday, July 2, 2008
UPDATE! (Its a long one!)
Yes another surgery. This one was super minor compared to his other ones. We went to the Ear doctor on Wednesday he looked in his ears and said they were so clogged with fluid and gunk that he thought he needed tubes right away. Tytan had two hearing tests and failed both. The doctor didn't want him having any permanent hearing loss so he got us in for surgery on Friday. Only two days later. The doctor also said with the amount of fluid in his ears that he was having constant pressure and pain. He said he thought that Tyte hasn't been eating because every time he moved his jaw to chew, it was pulling his ears and putting him in immense pain. How sad for him. So I was praying that the doctor was right and was prepared to feed him steak and potatoes right after surgery. Surgery went great the doc. just said there was a lot more gunk in his ears then he first anticipated. As we were driving home in the car Tytan said "Mommy Tytan's ears Wake up." Wow!! He could tell an immediate difference. So the day of surgery he ate almost nothing just like every other day. The following morning he woke up and was begging for juice and toast. For those of you that don't know Tyte this is an ASTONISHING request. He has never ever asked for food his entire almost 2 years of life. I gave him his toast and juice and he polished it off right away. I was almost in tears as I watched him eat. I kept wondering Who is this kid? For a snack he ate 3 Graham crackers which he would barely even taste before. For dinner he ate a hot dog and a peach. I seriously cannot believe he is so dramatically different. Every day since surgery he has continued his amazing eating streak. He has not had to be feed through his G-tube once since the day of surgery. I wish I would have known the problem the entire time was his ears. I also believe Tytan has had all these eating issues for a reason. I'm not sure yet if it was to teach one of us a lesson or what but I know it didn't happen it vain. So I'll keep all of you updated on if/when he can get his g-tube removed. I will for sure cry the day that comes out. My little guy is healed!!
Right before he was taken back for surgery.
Right after surgery. I hate seeing him like this. At least he woke up happy as if nothing happened.
An amazing thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Tytan decided to be potty trained. He is 100% out of diapers. He put on unders a couple of weeks ago and never had one accident. I was so amazed. He surprises me all the time how smart he is. I made a goal a year ago that he would be potty trained by the age of two. He accomplished my goal 2 months early.
Update on his eyes. I decided to get a second opinion before I had him get surgery for his lazy eye. The second doctor agreed with the first doctor in the fact that he does need surgery but he disagreed with him in the fact that he doesn't think he needs it right now. He wants to wait and see if his eyes repair themselves at all. He said he is almost positive he will need surgery eventually but just not right away. Only time will tell when. In the picture you can also see his g tube. We will Hopefully (keep your fingers crossed) be saying bye bye to that soon. I'll keep you posted. The day he gets his g-tube out will be the happiest day of my life.
Update on Ridge...He is still fat and happy!! Sorry not the best picture. I went to post a different one but accidentally did this one. I don't have enough time to switch it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
It's Crazy that it ws his ears the whole time. Amazing how different they are once they get the tubes in. Rockwell got tubes in his ears back in October and I was amazed at how much he had never heard before. The water running the in the bath tub. The washer the air conditioner. He kept asking me what all the sounds are. When the Dr. Told me that he was in pain from his ears I felt like such a bad mom for not knowing. But then I got mad at the Dr.s for not telling me. But it's all fixed now. I am so glad that Tytan is doing better!!
I am so glad to hear that Tytan is doing better and EATING, yeah! Ridge is so cute, i can't wait to see you guys this summer!
That is so exciting that he is eating! I wish Nixon would eat! What made his dr put a g-tube in him? Was he really under weight? You have such cute boys! I love fat babies too! Mostly because they eat! Nothing is better than a baby thats eats and doesn't throw up everything!
yeah he's eating that is so good to hear. I saw your name on Maren's blog and had to check it out. Your boys are adorable. Check out our site there are some cute pictures of Hallie and Ashlinn.
Lindsey
Wow, I can't believe it was his ears this entire time! how wonderful that you guys found out what was wrong! I love his comment "My ears woke up!" How great that he is eating now, I can only imagine your happiness right now! Yeah! I'm so happy for Tytan and for you too!! By the way, it looks like we are going to stay in Pinetop until the end of August. We are just enjoying the weather way too much! And Stephen got a better job that will hopefully do well
Nixon has been to a Gasterinteroligist but never an ENT... He had a sensitive gag reflux but never aspirtated anything! They never really figured out the problem but he rarely throws up anymore. We mostly force feed him baby food! I think I am going to try the ENT. I had no idea it was that bad for Tytan! I am so happy things are better. I really hope his G-Tube comes out soon!
HEY! Kristen Smith here (Shipley)!!! Your kids are so cute! Megan...we totally lost touch!!! You look like you guys are doing GREAT! If we are ever in Phoenix, we should all do dinner or something!
That is amazing about his ear surgery!! Wow! Poor kid! It's soooo hard to not know what's happening. Everyone in UT was asking how things are going with all of you. Congrats on the potty training!!! We are sending you Christian next week!!!! Any tips would be appreciated! Let us know if you need anything. Love ya!
I'm so glad you have had a small victory, or a big one at that! congrats on the good news. I miss you guys!
Who would have thought we would be so excited for another surgery but now he is fixed :) Poor little man! Give him a big hug and kiss from us and nibble on ridges yummy chunky cheeks!
Who would have thought we would be so excited for another surgery but now he is fixed :) Poor little man! Give him a big hug and kiss from us and nibble on ridges yummy chunky cheeks!
I did nothing but cry as I read through all of your blog posts on your blog pages. You probably don't know me, but I grew up in Tucson for 10 years and know Peter and the family well. You seem like an amazing person, thank you for sharing your sweet family experiences. I just lost my one and only baby. He was 16 1/2 months old, Kolby was his name. So I guess all I ever do is cry anyway but you really know how to write. Your words really touched me.
Cassie (Graves) Weske
Oh I am so glad they finally pinpointed the problem with Tytan! Keep us posted on his condition. I think Ridge & Tagg would be good eating buddies. They're both chunkers! Ridge is so stinkin' cute. I love his big brown eyes.
You don't know me, but I knew Peter in High School. I'd sometimes hang out at Warren's after school. I just recently joined the blogging world and came across your blog on Nikki Baker's. I just have to say, I'm so happy for you guys that things are looking up. You boys are just darling. I can tell you're an awesome mom and it's so neat to see Peter assuming that "daddy" role. I also love your painting- I'm nuts about painting rooms, too. Hang in there!
Hey Meggan! Your boys are getting so big! It's been too long since we've seen you guys! Brett got Peter's message about the camping trip and we looked at each other and both knew he hadn't talked to you first- since our baby is due so close to then-ha! Then we thought it was hilarious when Peter sent the text back about Brett probably not being able to come cause I'm due around then. Good times. We can't wait till we can go camping with everyone and Ethan!
Post a Comment