SLIM
Tytan's G.I. is extremely worried about his weight. He is so under weight he has finally given me an ultimatum I either put 1 pound of weight on him in the next 2 weeks or he is putting a feeding tube in. I know some of you are thinking "only 1 measley little pound" but I swear that is a huge amount in Tytan's world. I have mixed feelings about this entire ultimatum. I would love a feeding tube just so I wouldn't have to hold him down and force feed him every few hours, but I also could never ever handle my baby having to have a tube up his nose for weeks on end. Last time they made him wear arm braces so he couldn't bend his arms. I think that was way harder to watch then having to deal with his feeding issues. Any way so as of last week all he ate was pudding, butter (yes you read it correctly Butter), and Pediasure. The doc. nixed the pudding and now he is on a straight liquid diet again. Only melted butter and Pediasure which is feed to him via syringe. I hate having to do this to him but I know the alternative route and I am not going for it. This pic. I posted is him actually enjoying a good chocolate pudding before the doc. so cruelly took that away.
This entry is labeled "Slim" because that is his nickname around our house now for obvious reasons.
9 comments:
Don't worry Megs, you will be the best support for Tytan. It's hard to watch your baby go through things I know. I hope that you will have strength to get through this tough time. Love Ya
I am so sorry you have to see him hurt. I think of you & him all of the time. I hope everything works out.
You are such a good mom Meggan. It must be so hard to watch him go through this kind of stuff, especially so young. Hang in there!
What a good sport he is. Did they ever figure out why he had the lesions that were making him hurt? I wish you and your hubby and Tytan the best in your quest to discover the problem. He sure looks like a cutie. Throw a bag of reeses peanut butter cups in there those always make me gain a lb or 2. Just teasing. Anyways. Keep me updated. I check your blog often to see how you and Tytan are faring.
Holy cow, Meggan! I am so stinkin' sorry! I sure hope that everthing works itself out! One thing is for sure... he is a STUD!!!
Poor baby!! He is too cute to have to go through this! I know it will all work out. It sounds like you are doing the best you can for him...what a great mommy you are. Keep us posted...
Hey Meggs! I'm sorry to hear about Titan. What a stressful thing to go through. We'll keep him in our prayers.
Hey Meggan!! It's Kami Vanderwalker. Samantha emailed me and introduced me to both of your blogs so I thought I'd post so I can hear from you. We really miss G-town a lot and La Pradera Park. Tytan is soooo cute. I'm so sorry you have been having so many problems. I can't imagine. I'd like to get your email address so we can keep in touch. Mine is kamivanderwalker@hotmail.com, so when you get a chance drop me a line. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon!!
Meggan, how sad is that! I hope the little guy can put on some weight soon. Good luck and keep us posted.
Post a Comment