Thursday, April 26, 2007

Fun Painting Projects

A few of you have been asking to see pics. of the paint in my kitchen. (Since I live so far away no one ever drives all the way out to my casa.) I figured while I was posting a pic. of my kitchen I'd do the fun paint in my master bedroom and Tytan's room too. I tried to cut out as many decorations as possible so you could see the paint. I used to hate the diamonds in the kitchen but they are growing on me. Two walls in the kitchen are red and the other two diamonds. At first I felt like I was living in the circus but now the bright colors make me feel happy every time I'm in there. The master bedroom is actually painted with wood stain. Crazy but I saw it on trading spaces and I loved it. It makes it look like it is faux (sp.) painted but its not. The only down fall of wood stain is that it smells terrible. But I thought the finished product was worth it.

12 comments:

Ginger John said...

Hey! It's gorgeous! I'm so glad you put pics on because yes sadly I don't think I will ever see your house. I love the stripes in Tytans room and your letter boards look great. Love the diamonds- very bold and sassy! Look at you all brave with your colors. :) I love it all.

Ginger John said...

Did you do all these yourself? Wow! I can't quit staring at your pictures...I am So impressed!

chris+amber said...

Wow! Do you want to come and paint my house for me?! I love love love them! You should do a post abot how to make those cute letter boards & how to paint those diamonds! You are amazing!

The Wilkins' said...

Looks great Meggan! I love the diamonds. In our house, we have one wall in the family room and Libby's room painted. That's it! Everything else is WHITE. I need to get to work before it's time to move back to AZ!

See it Try it Love it said...

Too cute, did you paint the diamonds yourself. I painted 3 stripes in Hudson's room with the help of my mom and it was a disaster. I don't know if I could do it again. I am thinking I will hire someone next time.

Christie said...

So cute! Not only is that super hard work to do, but to actually think of it is amazing to me. You are so good at it. I agree, I think you should do a how-to post for all of us challenged people. :)

Amanda B. said...

Did you paint those rooms yourself? They look awesome! I'm not an expert on feeding therapy, but you can email me and then I'll send you what info I have on it. (amandahugnkiss8@yahoo.com)

matt sloan said...

Geaner Peaner, I am extremely impressed with your skilled artwork!!! You have been holding back this hidden talent! Seriously that looks soooooo Awesome!!!!!!!!

Pean!

Suzy Cummard said...

Looks Awesome! Great work... NOT LIKE A CIRCUS! You dork, you crack me up. It all looks good. Did you just paint the wood stain on normal with a paint brush? I had never heard/seen this. Good job!

Rhiannon said...

Great job on your painting. I think it looks awesome.

Melis said...

Ooooo! I love this! Way fun, Meggs! Look at you & your bad self!! ;) Too fun!!

I do miss AZ, but I just know that this is where we are supposed to be right now. One thing is for sure, it has really helped Rob & I to learn to depend solely on one another which has been good for us. You know, there's pros & cons, but we know that there is a plan for us here for now. :)

chris+amber said...

Meggan, did Tytan have his procedure done yet? Fill us in on how he's doing!!